Expected Developmental Milestones
- Vocabulary of 20/ 30 words
- Makes simple sentence construction like "There is the car"
- Enjoys listening to stories and likes looking at books.
- Makes ;singing' noises and actions to some nursery rhymes
Parents should be concerned if their child
- May be making initial sounds like 'mm' but has difficulty saying single
- Has only a fleeting interest in books
- Listens to nursery rhymes e.g. 'head, shoulders, knees and toes' but finds
it difficult to make appropriate actions at the right words.
If the difficulty saying words is one of articulation rather than comprehension
then the child may have a form of dyspraxia (verbal dyspraxia).